Login

Advertisements

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
For more information on the specific tools, see the Joomla! 1.5 Smaller Tools section.

TOPIC: errors thrown if "/" is in blacklist comment text

errors thrown if "/" is in blacklist comment text 14 years 1 month ago #102

• mxgs
  • Fresh Boarder
hi Sam
first of all, thanks a lot for the brilliant plugin.
just to let you know that the script throws an error not only when the IP address or range is malformed, but if it also finds the slash "/" even if in a comment.
i've copied the lists from http://www.wizcrafts.net/exploited-servers-iptables-blocklist.html and subsequent pages (China, East Europe, Nigerian, South America) and i had to track problems (error 42) for things they put in their lists like these lines:

# Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Romania, Latvia, Estonia, Kazakstan, Moldavia/Moldova, Poland, Serbia, Siberia, Slovakia, Slovenia

# Nigerian/African 419 Scammers IP addresses follow:

# Performance Systems International (PSI) (Spies) (entire CIDR = 38.0.0.0/8 - blocking this is not advised)

and had to replace all "/"s with "-"s.

as i will keep updating the blacklist according to wizcrafts.net updates, is there any chance you (or even myself, if you direct me to the right spot) could tweak the parser to ignore commented out lines (those starting with "#")?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:errors thrown if "/" is in blacklist comment text 13 years 10 months ago #165

• pasamio
  • Junior Boarder
If you have a look at the 1.5.3 release this should include the function that you require. Let me know how you go and if you have any issues with the changes.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds