Login

Advertisements

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Can I use Upate Manager to update my local install

Can I use Upate Manager to update my local install 13 years 9 months ago #169

Hi,

Localhost XAMPP 1.7.3 and Joomla! 1.5.18 (so already on latest version ... I'm just preparing!)

Can I use Update Manager to update my local Joomla! installation? It's just that I got some errors when trying to exactly that.

On the main Update Manager page:

Warning: Potentially invalid temporary path.
Configured path: C:/xampp/htdocs/joomlabeta/tmp
Suggested path: C:\xampp\htdocs\joomlabeta\tmp

As it was only a "warning" and below this text is a link saying "So lets continue our travels and download the update file >>>
", I figured it was ok to proceed.

But then in Step 1 I receive this cryptic page full of errors:

Warning: fopen(C:\xampp\htdocs\joomlabeta\C:/xampp/htdocs/joomlabeta/tmp\jupgrader.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Invalid argument in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomlabeta\administrator\components\com_jupdateman\libraries\joomla\filesystem\stream.php on line 166

Download Failed: Local output opening failed: fopen(C:\xampp\htdocs\joomlabeta\C:/xampp/htdocs/joomlabeta/tmp\jupgrader.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Invalid argument(43)

Can you please help to explain what all this means? Couldn't find anything in the forums.

Many thanks.

Stefan
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Can I use Upate Manager to update my local install 13 years 9 months ago #171

• pasamio
  • Junior Boarder
Well thats annoying then isn't it. Try setting your temp path to be the suggested path in your Joomla! global configuration and see if this makes a difference.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds