Login

Advertisements

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Problem with step 1. No parameters link

Problem with step 1. No parameters link 13 years 11 months ago #120

• BCOOKE
  • Fresh Boarder
I have installed updater OK but receive the error message as per the post on the joomla 1.5 products page when I attempt to carry out step 1:
If you have issues downloading the update files you might get the following message:
Download failed: Remote Server connection failed:fopen(http://jsitepoint.com/update/packages/joomla/update.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found; Using Proxy: No(42).
You might be seeing this error for a few reason:
You're running PHP4
Your PHP instance doesn't have a HTTP wrapper
To fix the first one, upgrade to PHP5 - the update manager requires PHP5 to operate regardless. Joomla! 1.6 will require PHP5 and PHP4 is no longer supported at all by PHP, so now is a great time to switch to PHP5. For the second one, presuming you're running on PHP5, you can use the option of cURL. cURL is a library in PHP that may not be available in all cases, but if you check out your PHP Information page (Under Help -> System Information) and see cURL there (use your browsers find tool to help). To set the update manager to use cURL, on the first page select "Parameters" in the top right corner and then under the downloader, set to cURL instead of fopen.
If you need a proxy server to get to the internet to download files then you can set this here as well.

I have followed the above instructions and my server setting appear to be OK. However there is no Parameters link in the top corner of the module welcome page (as shown in the walk through) so I cannot reset the downloader to cURL.

I have uninstalled and re installed the module but no change.

Can anyone tell me what to do next? or why the parameters link would be missing?
Last Edit: 13 years 11 months ago by BCOOKE. Reason: Typographical
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Problem with step 1. No parameters link 13 years 11 months ago #121

• BCOOKE
  • Fresh Boarder
I have heard nothing yet! Is there no one that can help me? I will have to presume that this module does not work and there is no support!!

If so thats OK. I will try to find another. That's a shame, because if worked it seems to do exactly what I want. :(
May be there is a bug when used with Joomla 1.5.12?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds