Login

Advertisements

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Check out the http://sammoffatt.com.au/jauthtools for more documentation.

TOPIC: LDAP User Password Change Behavior

LDAP User Password Change Behavior 14 years 1 month ago #104

Hi- Hope I didn't miss something obvious in the setup and documentation. I can login with my OpenLDAP account, and can use Joomla's forgot password to chnage the password, but this new password does not synchronize back to the openLDAP server. Is it possible to enable this behavior, or is it a limitation in jauthtools?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: LDAP User Password Change Behavior 14 years 1 month ago #105

Interesting- it appears that the user can now login with both the original ldap password (which is unchanged and still used by other web apps that access the openldap directory) and the new password created after the token was received.

I'm not sure why these tools don't include the ability to change the password in ldap. There is a simple php app called phpLdapPasswd which is able to do a reset, and the user I am binding directly with has all the permissions to rest passwords.

Could the fact that I have Joomla authentication enabled along with Advanced LDAP have something to do with this behavior?

Re: LDAP User Password Change Behavior 13 years 2 months ago #1252

• admin
  • Administrator
If you install the plgUserLDAP it should sync the user's password back if it changes in Joomla!
The following user(s) said Thank You: joomlatemplatesfree
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds